Additionally, we are tracking the non-Tesla BEVs and non-Tesla plug-ins (BEVs/PHEVs).
Non-Tesla all-electric car sales – September 2019
All-electric car sales decreased last month because Tesla (81% of the volume) drag BEVs down. As it turns out, the non-Tesla BEVs were selling actually over 41% better than a year ago and reached the second-best ever result of 5,215 (confirmed or estimated by InsideEVs).
Those are not high numbers of course, but we are sure that a new record and better results are just around the corner. It’s time to take-off.
- BEVs: 27,090 (down 19.5%)
- Tesla BEVs: 21,875 (down 27%)
- Non-Tesla BEVs: 5,215 (up 41.3%)
In the first 9-months of 2019:
- BEVs: 172,963 (up 19.1%)
- Tesla: 135,725 (up 19%)
- Non-Tesla BEVs: 37,238 (up 19.7%)
Non-Tesla plug-in car sales – September 2019
Plug-in hybrid car sales have really collapsed in September (8th consecutive drop), which translated also into a decrease in overall non-Tesla car sales.
- PHEVs: 6,038 (down 44.5%)
- Non-Tesla plug-ins (BEVs/PHEVs): 11,253 (down 22.8%)
In 9-months of 2019:
- PHEVs: 63,104 (down 29.5%)
- Non-Tesla plug-ins (BEVs/PHEVs): 100,342 (down 16.8%)