We all know how hard moms work, which is why planning the perfect Mother’s Day celebration is so important for showing Mom how important she is. Many people are cooking for Mom at home this year, and we’re here to help with our favorite healthy Mother’s Day recipes that she’s sure to love!
Healthy Mother’s Day Recipes for Breakfast
For many families, this celebration of all things Mom starts with breakfast in bed (yum!). Check out this easy and healthy pancake recipe for breakfast in bed.
Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Combine 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ½ teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl. In a second bowl, combine 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of oil, 3 tablespoons of honey, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then, combine both bowls and fold in ½ cup of chocolate chips (or 2 cups of chocolate chips, we won’t judge!).
Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into a heated skillet, wait for bubbles, then flip and finish cooking. Soon you’ll have a stack of chocolatey, fluffy pancakes for Mother’s Day! This recipe is equal parts delicious and even a little healthy (thanks, Greek yogurt!) so it’s perfect for Mom’s special day. More on the recipe here.
Other easy breakfasts for Mother’s Day include:
- Leftovers frittata. Combine whisked eggs and any delicious leftovers into a cast-iron skillet. Then bake in a 400°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, topping with fresh herbs or cheese.
- Homemade smoothie bowl. Blend Mom’s favorite frozen fruits until they’re almost fully pulverized, then add in a splash of milk or non-diary milk. Continue blending until it’s a smoothie consistency and serve with chopped fruits, chia seeds, and any other extras.
- Bacon egg cups. Wrap bacon in a circle shape in a muffin tin, bake for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven. Then, crack an egg into the bacon and add salt, pepper, and a little cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes and ta-da! Full recipe here.
These are some of our favorite breakfasts for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed, and you can’t go wrong with combining some of these recipes for a delicious meal.
Healthy and Easy Mother’s Day Lunch Menu
If you’re sleeping in (hey, we get it!), maybe you’re looking to cook up some lunch for Mom. No worries, there are also delicious Mother’s Day lunches that she’s sure to love.
Here are some recipes to include on your Mother’s Day lunch menu:
- Flatbreads. Flatbreads are like pizza’s posh older sibling, they give you the chance to be creative with your ingredients while still keeping things a little fancy. This pear and gorgonzola cheese flatbread, for example, brings complex flavors with a lighter take on dough-based dishes.
- Salads. Hear us out, we’re not saying you should serve mom bagged spring mix with store-bought dressing (unless that’s what she’s into, of course!). There are plenty of exciting salad recipes, no, seriously. Try out a grilled shrimp and avocado salad or a vibrant watermelon radish salad.
- Meal bowls. These are perfect for an Instagram-worthy, all in one bowl recipe. Whether you’re making Mom a vegan Picadillo recipe or a Mediterranean salmon bowl, she’s sure to be impressed.
Indulgent Mother’s Day Dinner Recipes
We didn’t forget about one of the most indulgent meals, dinner! Dinner is the perfect excuse to make mom something indulgent.
If you’re feeling a lighter dinner, consider a homemade flatbread. Take your favorite pizza dough, roll it out into a rectangular shape, and top with your favorite cheese. Add toppings, and ta-da, you’ve got a great flatbread for Mom!
Grilled recipes are also a great choice for your Mother’s Day dinner. Fire up the grill and cook chicken, steak, or even seafood skewers for elevated flavors with easy prep.
Delicious Desserts for Mom
Of course, we’ve saved the most delicious part for last, dessert! Here are some tasty and easy to make desserts for Mother’s Day:
- No-bake dishes. These dishes are easy for anyone to make, even the kids! For a simple dessert, combine fresh fruits and homemade whipped cream into Mom’s favorite dish. Top with a dollop of hazelnut spread or any other decadent option and you’re good to go. For something fancier, try out this Lemon Tiramisu Trifle that takes just 20 minutes of prep time before chilling overnight.
- Fruity baked dishes. Mom is sure to love these Banana Pudding Cupcakes that combine vanilla cake mix, pudding, and of course, bananas. The whole recipe takes just an hour to complete, so get cooking! For a quick, creative, and healthy Mother’s Day dessert recipe, try your hand at this Peach and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake.
Celebrating Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is a holiday to celebrate all things Mom. We hope these recipes are the perfect fit for your brunch, lunch, dinner, or any other meal for Mom. From all of us at Youfit, we wish you a Happy Mother’s Day!