Merge Games and developer ION LANDS have revealed that Cloudpunk, a game originally headed for PC only, will also be heading to Nintendo Switch later this year.
The game presents players with a vibrant, futuristic open world to explore, all wrapped up in a vertical cyberpunk city. There are undergound nightclubs, gardens in the sky, and much more besides, all in a rather fetching voxel graphics art style.
Here’s some PR:
Taking inspiration from other story-based titles such as Firewatch and Kentucky Route Zero, Cloudpunk is filled with characters to meet, alongside a multitude of stories to discover as you explore the neon-streaked world which finds inspiration from real places such as Shinjuku in Tokyo, as well as Hong Kong and Seoul.
Your name is Rania. This is your first night working for Cloudpunk, the semi-legal delivery company based in Nivalis. Explore dense, vertical landscapes that reach high into the clouds and deep down through the ocean waves below, as you meet characters ranging from Androids and AI to unscrupulous humans at every level of society.
We also have a list of key features for you to check out:
– Explore an immense vertical cyberpunk city with your hover car and on foot
– Unravel mysteries in a world of corporate conspiracy, hackers and rogue AI through the eyes of Rania
– Meet a diverse range of characters and immerse yourself in their everyday lives
– Your decisions will have a lasting impact on the inhabitants of Nivalis
– Discover hidden places and items unlocking additional stories
We don’t have an exact release date for this one just yet, but hopefully we’ll hear more about its release in the coming weeks.
Like what you see? Let us know if you’ll keep tabs on the game with a comment.