SST Vacuum Reflow Systems, a subsidiary of photonics and microelectronic company Palomar Technologies, has launched the SST 8300 Series Automated Vacuum Pressure Soldering System for IGBT power modules in high-reliability automotive and commercial applications. Offered in either single- or triple-chamber systems, the series enables above average void rates, heating up to 500° C, and fast cooling in an inert gas environment from vacuum levels below 50 millitorr to pressures up to 40 psig.
The 8300 series also features:
- Automated high-volume production.
- Low-void solder connections with preforms or solder paste.
- Processing of a range of solder alloys and interconnect materials.
- Multiple processes to be run in parallel.
- Flexible configuration with single or triple chambers.
- Oxide removal using formic acid or forming gas.